Sunday, June 28, 2009

What I have been up to...


Monday June 15 - Today I was interviewed by Helen at Round About Madison Newspaper (Madison IN) for an upcoming article. http://www.roundaboutmadison.com/

Wednesday June 17 - Mrs. America announces that this year the pageant will be held in Tucson AZ, September 1 - 8th. This is incredibly special to me because not only will I be able to represent Kentucky at Mrs. America but I will also be able to visit my 94 year old great grandmother who lives in Tucson!!

Friday June 19 - Jo Ann (Queen Mum) traveled to Lexington today to make me beautiful for the Mrs. Kentucky lifestyle photoshoot. These photos will be posted on the Mrs. America website under my Kentucky page. Carlee our photographer worked tirelessly to ensure a fun and successful photoshoot. http://www.carleejeanphotography.com/ We all had a blast with the baby pool shots (inspired by W Magazine cover November 2008), golf course fun, horse play at the farm, and a real pillow fight where feathers flew ;)

Sunday June 21 - Happy Fathers Day to my husband and all the dads who do so much for us! Happy birthday to my first baby who turns 7 today! Dad and daughter celebrated the day with a trip to Kings Island Amusement Park in Cincinnati, OH.

Tuesday June 23 - Today my Mrs. Kentucky autograph cards arrived and I LOVE them!! XOXOXOXOXO

Wednesday June 24 - I was interviewed today by Josh at the Lexington Herald Leader Newspaper for an upcoming feature article. http://www.kentucky.com/

Thursday June 25 - I celebrated my birthday today by making a trip to Kiss FM 96.9 Lexington for some on air time promoting "Fitness for the Family" as well as the Mrs. Kentucky America pageant. Skip Eliot made me feel very welcome and I can't wait to go back ;)

Friday June 26 - Traveled to Louisville to be on the Barbara Bryant radio show with Queen Mum http://barbarabryantshow.com/. Barbara is a wonderful host and stayed true to form with her tough questions ;) After the radio show we headed downtown to 4th Street Live for a Dream Factory "Better Than Ezra" concert. I was thrilled to be a part and help raise funds for this organization that does so much good for ill children and their families.

Saturday June 27th - Bright and Early Appearance at Hike for Hosparus in Louisville! Ronald McDonald and I Iwarmed up the crowd to Y - M - C - A!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment