Saturday, June 20, 2009

Friday May 29th Interviewed today by The Kentucky Post Newspaper for an article to run next week!

Sunday May 31st Mrs. Kentucky 1984 (Paula G.) came to a class at my Jazzercise Center today. Paula and I met during the Mrs. Kentucky 2009 pageant! We had some time before class to talk about Kentucky state costumes at Mrs. America. Paula brought her daughter and participated in what ended up being a full mother/daughter Jazzercise class.

Monday June 1st Interviewed today by The Hamburg Journal for article to run in the July edition ;) Tuesday June 2nd Today I met Jo Ann at Miss Priss in downtown Lexington. Elizabeth & Cara at Miss Priss worked with us for hours to pick the perfect evening gown for the Mrs. America pageant. It is amazing and I am so blessed to have such amazing help! Jo Ann and I grabbed a quick bite of lunch at DaSha's and went over what paperwork details need to be completed for Mrs. America.

Wednesday June 3rd The Kentucky Post runs article, "Next Up, Mrs. America" http://www.kypost.com/content/middleblue1/story/Next-Up-Mrs-America/ATQl0bPugkW9um6_oSf9pg.cspx

Thursday June 4th Traveled to Louisville for my first appointment for hair service at Jr.'s Salon and Spa (Mrs. Kentucky sponsor) . LOVE the results -- so chic!

Friday June 5th Images Model Agency in Lexington, KY selects me as "June Model of the Month!" http://www.imagesmodelagency.com/

Saturday June 6th Delighted to head to Tres Chic Boutique to help several contestants prepare for Miss Kentucky and Miss Kentucky Outstanding Teen. The gals worked very hard on swimsuit stage presence and interview and I was so happy to be a part.

Tuesday June 8th - Thursday June 11th Each year all the women in my family make a pilgrimage to Carter Caves, KY for some "girl" time. This year the rain didn't slow us down as we (age 1 - age 77) enjoyed all that this amazing KY State Park has to offer!

Friday June 12th I was honored to participate for the second year at Relay for Life in Paris, Kentucky. I presented cancer survivors with a medal as they were announced at the start of the event. Relay for Life is dear to me as my grandmother was diagnosed (2007) with Lymphoma (stage 4) and is now in remission.

No comments:

Post a Comment